Sunday, July 03, 2011

So....

...as you can tell (the few of you that still follow me) that I haven't posted in awhile (again). I've been unusually busy what with my duties on Voltron Force as Supervising Director, illustrating HarperCollins DC books, and freelancing storyboards for a couple of places. One storyboard job was supposed to finish and dovetail nicely into the next, but the first one had more to do and caused an overlap that made my life even busier than usual. Add all that to celebrating my 30th anniversary (I actually took off work for almost 24 hours - except for checking e-mails, of course) and trying to keep involved with family as much as I can and you can see why I might have been blog neglectful.
The other thing that had to give was the drawings for Fan Request Friday. I might return to it in the future, but right now there's just not enough hours in the day. Since I did the FRF for almost a year (maybe longer) I don't feel too guilty.

So...what I thought I'd do is post some older drawings (as well as the occasional new one) and just let you know what is new and going on in my work life and occasionally my personal life - though I'm not sure there's a real difference.







Right now, as I mentioned earlier, I'm the Supervising Director on the new TV series Voltron Force for NickToons. If you haven't seen the show I urge you to do so. I'm pretty darn proud of how it's turning out and the ratings seem to indicate that people like the show quite a bit. It has something for everyone - fans and new viewers alike. If you can't find it on your cable/satellite/whatever then I do believe the episodes are available on iTunes.

As if I'm not busy enough I might have some interesting news about future work that I might be involved with - thankfully its something with far off deadlines that shouldn't impact my current workload. I'll let you know when I know more  - assuming I'm allowed to, of course.

Now, this month at the San Diego Comic-Con I'll be signing, sketching and selling sketchbooks (of course) at the CTN booth (#5022) Sat 7/23 from 12 to 2pm - so if you're going to be there, stop on by and say "Hi" at least - don't leave me sitting there without anything to do....

So...if that isn't enough of an information download I also want to make it official and let everyone know that on Fridays I will be answering any questions that you send earlier in the week. Just ask your questions in the comment section of the most recent post and I will do my best to respond in the next post for all to see - so don't ask anything you wouldn't want others to see.

No comments: