Thursday, February 11, 2010

Fanart...

Yep. Fanart. I consider almost everything I draw - unless I created it or designed it - to be some type of fanart. But this is fanart in the truest sense of the word. My good friend and colleague, Francesco Francavilla, has worked on some great comics and continues to inspire me (and he is also responsible for the design of my web-site and sketchbooks - he's quite multifaceted) has created a comic that you can follow on his Pulp Sunday blog called Kara Bocek (I've linked to the first page for you). It features a character called the Black Beetle. Several artists have already contributed fanart and I thought I would give it a go as well. This was fun and good practice - especially since I am working up the nerve to start doing some more in the way of comics.
I purposely left it without color because I know that Francesco enjoys coloring and he's a lot better at it then I am.
So head on over to his blog and enjoy yourselves. And don't foget to follow me on Twitter (if you're into that sort of thing) at s_e_gordon

5 comments:

Blaze Rocket said...

More in the way of comics, eh? I know I would cheer such a thing. Of course, I cheer any oppertunity to see more of your work!

I'll have to give that comic a look.

JRtist said...

AWESOME!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

i'm making my own comic book but i dont think i can do the script...gotta learn english moree..and this drawing is awesome..totally 5thumbs up..

-wakuster..

Sjan Weijers said...

Great inking!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.